Meet The Team
Our Approach to Veterinary Care in Aiken, SC
Silver Bluff Animal Hospital is family-owned and operated right here in Aiken, SC, since 1992. We are a full service companion animal hospital. It is our commitment to provide quality veterinary care throughout the life of your pet. Because our pets are members of our family, we stress the importance of annual physical wellness examinations. Regular, complete check-ups and preventative care can help guard against more serious health conditions. We offer a wide range of veterinary services to ensure your pets continue feeling healthy and happy.
Dr. Ryan Hann
Dr. Hann attended Clemson University where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Animal
and Veterinary Sciences. He remains a dedicated Clemson fan regardless of the scoreboard (Go
Tigers!). Dr. Hann continued his education at University of Florida graduating with his Doctorate
of Veterinary Medicine. While studying at UF, he felt no one would trust a veterinarian without
a dog of their own, so he decided to adopt an energetic and vocal hound mix named Tilly.
After graduation in 2017, Dr. Hann and Tilly decided to call South Carolina home. Dr. Hann
began working at Silver Bluff Animal Hospital under the direction and mentorship of Dr. John
Hurd. His now-wife, Austin, moved to Aiken as well. They have since bought their first house
together and rescued two more dogs – Logan, an extra stubborn hound mix, and Esso, a 75-
pound shepherd mix that believes he is a lap dog. In 2022, they welcomed their first child, an
adorable blonde hair, blue-eyed baby girl named Madison.
In his free time, Dr. Hann loves to play golf at Woodside and enjoy all that the CSRA has to
offer. Be on the lookout – you might just catch him in his flip flops!
Dr. John Hurd, DVM
- He has 2 horses and 3 dogs
- His favorite animals to work on are nice ones
- His spirit animal is a bear.
Dr. Kay Clarke Crowder, DVM
- Pets - one prima donna mutt, Riley Francis who refuses to let me get more pets
- Favorite animal to treat - dogs, I love the big dopey ones
- Spirit animal - sea otter, though I have been told I am like a honey badger
- Unusual talent - ride horses, British accent, painting, or finding the right Tupperware for any food
Dr. Kathryn Crandall
- Pets: 1 dog, 2 cats, and a leopard gecko
- Favorite animal to treat - It's hard to pick. I think I prefer to treat dogs, but I definitely relate more to cats
- Unusual talent - I'm good at picking the correct size container to put leftovers away. I'm also good at walking a long distance while carrying a lot of things on my back (backpacking)